1---what are your goals in softball?
2---do your goals match the goals of the organization you are currently with or are considering changing to?
3---is the cost in terms of money / time / and sacrifice worth it?
4---can you trust the coaches / leaders of the organization?
5---are you improving as a player ? and as a person?
6---do you love the game? do the coaches care for you as a person as well as a player?
7---ten years from now what will you have to say about this experience?
8---are you prepared to make the decision that is best for you?
We at ProStar start tryouts a week from Monday. We have advertised these tryouts. We have talked to individuals / we have talked to teams / we have talked to coaches --- what do I know at this point? We could have as few as 2 teams --- we could have as many as 6 teams.
Here is all I can promise:
1) We will coach you up and improve you as a player
2) We will practice more than we play
3) We will establish team goals and individual goals for each and every player
4) We cannot guarantee you a college scholarship but we will guide you in your search / we will put you in tournaments to be seen / we will promote you to the level you can succeed at in college.
5) We will strive to improve your academics and your total being
6) We will stress team goals over individual goals but we will allow the individual to succeed
7) We do have to charge fees to run the program but they are below the average of teams across the country
8) We are human --- we will make mistakes -- but mistakes will not deter us from our mission or our goals.
I wish the best for all players as they struggle in this time of the year to find the fit that allows them to continue to play the game they love.
We are ProStarProud!